• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is There A T4P Cartridge That Accepts The Same Stylus As The AT12Sa

Ron13a

Revolver of Vinyl
Is there a T4P (P-Mount) AT cartridge like this? I have several new/unused AT12Sa and AT12xe and would like to use the Stylus in a Technics SL7. Thanks. I would also appreciate any tips as to the best cartridge available now for an SL7. There don't seem to be many good choices out there anymore. Something with a fine line stylus would be great. Thanks again.
IMG_5352.jpeg
 
Register to hide this ad
Is there a T4P (P-Mount) AT cartridge like this? I have several new/unused AT12Sa and AT12xe and would like to use the Stylus in a Technics SL7. (...)

I'm not aware of any. And I'd also be pretty surprised, if there were any - simply because AT has pretty much retired the older MM bodies for the needles with round plug roundabout 1979 - a few exceptions aside. So that happened, before Technics introduced the first T4P turntable (= the SL-10) in 1980. However, the cantilever assemblies of the ATN12S and ATN12XE could be transplanted into the AT102P familiy needle plastic holders.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
 
I'm not aware of any. (...)

Neither am I. The "round" hole design is very early (early 70s), and predates the T4P designs. All the T4P cartridges from Audio-Technica i've seen, use the square hole.

Greetings from Lima dear Manfred!
 
Thanks for the info guys! I searched, but couldn't find one either. I figured that this type of stylus predated the T4P, but hoped I was wrong. I would love to find an Ortofon OMP and put a 30 stylus on it, but I can't find any for sale. There aren't many good options for T4P these days.
 
Is there a T4P (P-Mount) AT cartridge like this? I have several new/unused AT12Sa and AT12xe and would like to use the Stylus in a Technics SL7. Thanks. I would also appreciate any tips as to the best cartridge available now for an SL7. There don't seem to be many good choices out there anymore. Something with a fine line stylus would be great. Thanks again.
View attachment 2768675

There is not. Designed before T4p was even an idea. There is an AT-100 family newer T4p mount body which would accept the AT 440 ML, MLa, AT-VM 500-700 series options. So you'd have micro line available as an option.
 
Back
Top Bottom