• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is there an Angie’s List for audio gear repair?

Def_Doorknob

New Member
Is there a list of reputable repair shops by location that have reviews?

I have searched here trying to find someone to go through my Pioneer SX-1250 receiver (I’m the second owner), but the only post I saw was from 2015 and didn’t contain much helpful info.

I’m in Phoenix, AZ. My receiver is working, however, it wants to clip at around -30 to -40 volume. Also, I have a Pioneer PL-570 that sounds very dull when playing vinyl, so it may need a tune up as well.

I have watched some YouTube videos from guys like xraytonyb etc. who seem to be very thorough but don’t offer any contact info except to their patreon channel.
 
Register to hide this ad
Is there a list of reputable repair shops by location that have reviews?

I have searched here trying to find someone to go through my Pioneer SX-1250 receiver (I’m the second owner), but the only post I saw was from 2015 and didn’t contain much helpful info.

I’m in Phoenix, AZ. My receiver is working, however, it wants to clip at around -30 to -40 volume. Also, I have a Pioneer PL-570 that sounds very dull when playing vinyl, so it may need a tune up as well.

I have watched some YouTube videos from guys like xraytonyb etc. who seem to be very thorough but don’t offer any contact info except to their patreon channel.
I know a great guy in Wyoming that does all the tech work for me. He is a retired electrical engineer from the aerospace industry. He does exquisite work, at a reasonable price. If you would like me to give you his contact information, please do message me. :)
 

Take it to this guy.
I went there one day looking for components. Pass.
 
Become a subscriber and then post a WTB ad for service of your 1250.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom