• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is there any difference between the ADC RSZ and the ADC ZLM stylus?

Register to hide this ad
RSZ is the ADC OEM replacement stylus number for the ZLM cartridge. The original is now quite rare and quite expensive when found as NOS (there is currently one listed on ebay). My x-reference shows it as having their top-line, nude mounted "Aliptic" diamond tip.
 
RSZ is the ADC OEM replacement stylus number for the ZLM cartridge. The original is now quite rare and quite expensive when found as NOS (there is currently one listed on ebay). My x-reference shows it as having their top-line, nude mounted "Aliptic" diamond tip.
So the RSZ is superior to the ZLM?
 
ZLM is the cartridge. RSZ is the needle. What you ordered for about $80 is a replacement needle, not the original, or NOS (new old stock). Original RSZs go for over $200. I know because I own a ZLM since new around 1979 or 1989, and at the time bought a couple of spare RSZs, but after many years they are used up. I have one now in my ZLM now but have been thinking about getting a spare now before they disappear, but "holly smokes", spending over $200 for a needle takes some serious thinking. I hope to make up my mind before they are gone and the only few left go way up in price.
 
ZLM is the cartridge. RSZ is the needle. What you ordered for about $80 is a replacement needle, not the original, or NOS (new old stock). Original RSZs go for over $200. I know because I own a ZLM since new around 1979 or 1989, and at the time bought a couple of spare RSZs, but after many years they are used up. I have one now in my ZLM now but have been thinking about getting a spare now before they disappear, but "holly smokes", spending over $200 for a needle takes some serious thinking. I hope to make up my mind before they are gone and the only few left go way up in price.
I knew it was not a NOS when I bought it and I'd never pay $200 for a stylus, just not in the budget. I've heard good things about these Vivid Line stylus. I know you get what you pay for but you also have to get what you can afford!!
 
sretn, I was speaking to dpg3 on Facebook earlier I think. There is a guy in Washington that does retips for about $125.00 and can do your stylus if not totally damaged. His name is Andy.http://phonocartridgeretipping.com is the website. You also have someone local to you who does the same thing.
 
I mistakenly thought you were someone else asking about stylus rebuilding for some reason from the other thread.
 
Back
Top Bottom