• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is this a good deal? Pioneer PL-117D

Register to hide this ad
Mods will probably move this to Dollars and Sense.

Only found 1 recent sale on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Pioneer...pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item3f0c1d1049

Interestingly, ad on the CL piece and on the ebay listing are practically identical which may mean absolutely nothing. Just thought it worthy of mention.

Not familiar with that model but may be a bit on the high side. I'm sure others more knowledgeable on that model will chime in.
 
DB-
Welcome to the AK forums!
My first response was that $150 is too much for an old belt drive Pioneer (their 'entry level' full automatic model).
Then re-reading the ad, I see a couple of positives to consider:
1. That AT cartridge may be worth $100 or so by itself Assuming it is fully functional
2. The owner sounds like he/she takes care of their stuff- this leads to the possibility that the item works as expected, and is properly aligned and maintained.
I think I would schedule an inspection but be sure to audition upon inspection.
These fully automatic tables can be complex- I've had better results with a semi auto type that simply lifts the arm at the end of play. Also consider a Technics brand in this price range.
If that cartridge is in good shape, I would certainly make him/her a decent offer!
Let us know how it goes...
 
DB- do a search on AT20sla to see the very positive comments on this cartridge. Note that a replacement stylus (needle) may cost around $140, however, this is a cartridge to enjoy for a long time.
Let us know how the demo goes!
 
Back
Top Bottom