• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is this a good deal?

mythless

Looking for projects!?
I have an opportunity to pick up a Technic SL-D2, Optonica SA-5151 and JBL L36 for $150, is that a good deal?

Condition wise they're probably around 7. Other than the Optonica the other two have not been tested. And, if I don't like them what can I expect to sell them for?

Technics SL-D2 with M91ED with Shure stylus but unknown condition.

Optonica SA-5151, huge space taker and decent performance. Face plate is a scratched with a noticeable ding/scrape near the volume pop.

JBL L36, missing one L25-4 tweeter, cabinets needs a refinish, presentable condition, has grills and badges.

Not really interested in the Technics or Optonica, but the JBL are interesting, been a long time since I heard one, and would need to part with them quickly...

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Well if you can sell the Optonica and the TT for 60 each - then the JBLs cost you $30. Good deal? :)
 
Crap why didn't I think about it that way...lol my city is killing me out of a home, a pair of AR Classic 18 just came up at $250....
 
The L36s, if in nice shape and with all drivers working, are worth the $150 by themselves...easily. The D2 is a very solid non-quartz lock direct drive table, I used one in my bedroom for about a year.
 
The L36s, if in nice shape and with all drivers working, are worth the $150 by themselves...easily. The D2 is a very solid non-quartz lock direct drive table, I used one in my bedroom for about a year.

Would need to BT/ search the web for a lone LE25-4, haha. Well, next time I'm over I'll see if I can hear the speakers working.
 
Back
Top Bottom