• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is this a tube receiver?

nick12345

Well-Known Member
This receiver is in an old console. Is it a tube unit? I don't have much experience with old tube receivers so I wouldn't know. I don't see any exposed tubes, but what's under those metal covers on the PCB? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • fisher2.jpg
    fisher2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 157
  • fisher1.jpg
    fisher1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 179
Register to hide this ad
Early generation Solid State, 1967-1968 era. Still genuine Avery era USA Made Fisher Radio Corporation era. Fisher Consoles were among the elite of consoles, keep her intact, please. A classic piece of audio history.
 
Last edited:
Not mine. The pictures are from CL, and it's a few hours each way. Had it been a tube unit, let's just say it could be a serious score. There is also a Dual TT in it. The seller says it works. I think the price is still pretty good (though I don't want to get into a value discussion here), but it's a long way to go just for a SS console. I would have gone had it been a tube unit. I mean, I'm talking major score here.
 
Depensa on price but, these early SS Fisher are pretty good and starting to get noticed more. The turntable is possibly a Dual such as a 1019. Before dismissing it, I'd suggest taking a look and listen. Fisher console cabinets are well built during that period, some serious woodwork.
 
Looks like the Dual is a 1214. The headshell is apparently broken. The console looks like a quality piece but I have no need for it and it's over a 2-hour drive each way. If it was closer I'd be interested, but I'll let someone else get this one. Consoles seem to be frequent items at thrift stores; eventually something good ought to show up.

Asheville Craigslist if anyone is wondering.
 
Back
Top Bottom