• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is this for real? A Bell amp for over $1100?

Register to hide this ad
KMBusa is a known stereo gear seller on EBay that the Asian rim buyers are comfortable with, so he gets a good deal of their bidding. The Bell 3DT stereo amp without "stereophonic" written on the case deck was the first stereo tube amp ever, so it carries a significant history.

You put an historically significant amp and couple it with a seller who attracts a large share of foreign bidders, at Christmas time, and watch the price climb to historic levels. For the American market, I would expect $350 to be a normal price.

I shudder to think about shipping anything now, however. :thumbsdn:

And this one is equally outrageous. http://cgi.ebay.com/Bell-model-3DT-...pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item1e600b1498
 
I would not have been surprised to see that kind of interest in a Bell Sound 3D since it has some historical significance as the first stereo integrated amp. But I don't understand why a 3DT - which was a later model - would inspire such bidding.
 
It does seem high to me, also. Old stereo tube gear in working condition (or even not working) seems to sell for more than you'd expect. (Buyers who can't build their own, or can't repair old gear, but who don't want something new?)

But, the sale price really defines the 'market value', no? You just need a few bidders with fat wallets and a lust for the item and the price will rise.

This one was a bit cheaper...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=130460357784&si=kLiHpsgYfeJieXdkm2EUvWvy8pU%253D&viewitem=

but still in the 'silly' range for me..... (I'm cheap, I guess)

John
 
Back
Top Bottom