• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is tone control of 2285, 2275, 2250 & 2250B same

Leokarma

Well-Known Member
Just wanted your expert openion on whether the tone control borad of 2285, 2275, 2250 and 2250B same ? They are all PE01 with same transistors and IC BA312.

If yes, are they interchangeable ? i.e. Can I use a 2250 or 2250B tone control for 2285 or vice versa ?

About couple of months back I saw somewhere on internet a list of Marantz 22and 44 series interchangeable board list but I'm unable to fine it.

Regards
 
Register to hide this ad
Is your knob broken off? If so, Save a lot of time & soldering by swapping out the center shaft with an intact spare shaft. Search for "Broken Knob" in this marantz forum if so.
 
Is your knob broken off? If so, Save a lot of time & soldering by swapping out the center shaft with an intact spare shaft. Search for "Broken Knob" in this marantz forum if so.

No I don't have a broken knob. I have a 2275 and 2285 with tone control board problem and just want know if I buy a tone control board of any of these, (2285, 2275, 2250 or 2250 B) I can replace the tone control board of 2275 or 2285.
 
From looking at the service manuals, the 2275 and 2285 appear to be identical to each other. The 2250 and 2250B appear identical to each other, but slightly different than the 2275/2285. Whether or not the 2250/2250B could be substituted for the ones in the 2275/2285 is unknown to me. The tone mode switches appear to be all the same, even though the one for the 2285 bears a different part number.

Why not just fix the problems with the one(s) you've got?

Tom
 
From looking at the service manuals, the 2275 and 2285 appear to be identical to each other. The 2250 and 2250B appear identical to each other, but slightly different than the 2275/2285. Whether or not the 2250/2250B could be substituted for the ones in the 2275/2285 is unknown to me. The tone mode switches appear to be all the same, even though the one for the 2285 bears a different part number.

Why not just fix the problems with the one(s) you've got?

Tom

Thanks tom for your quick response. As per my experience, repairing and fault finding on PE01 is not easy (remember that I'm not an expert on this) and especially because of the selector switch on this board. Hence I decided to buy a PE01 on ebay and replace it.

I had a 2275 few years back which worked fine for a many years but then one channel went dead. I zeroed in on tone control board as the problem and struggled for few month to repair the same. I then got a tone control board on ebay for under $100 and replace the board and the problem was resolved. Later this receiver developed some other problems and I gave it to a friend. I purchased one more 2275 on ebay and that worked fine for few months and now has some problem. I also have a 2285 with one channel dead and I have zeroed in on tone control as the problem. My priority is to repair 2285.

Regards
 
Back
Top Bottom