• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Isabell is heading right for me!

Glad you are OK Silver, our power just came back about an hour ago, I've disconnected the generator, rolled up all the extension cords, and reconnected the water pump to the mains.

We lost it about 9:00Pm Thursday and when we got up Friday there was the last of a Bradford Pear tree down on the front lawn (but it was due to be felled anyway) and an Austrian pine across the driveway. Woldn't you know that the Homelight chainsaw died after 15 minutes, so I had to cut through 4" diameter branches with a Sandvik handsaw I bought at Algonquin Park at least 30 years ago, amazing piece of gear.

Got out and bought a Steihl chainsaw, found tha last generator wthing 30 miles and bought it along with a 100 pound Propane tank. Neighbours son drove me to the store with his pickup and we got it all home. Hooked it all up and saved two freezers full of food. Next day I ran the 220 cable into the basement, pulled the panel on the mains, and connected the well pump directly to the generator after pulling the wires from the breaker.

It has been noisy, frustrating, stinking (I shower tonight), so Isabel:butt1:

Rob
 
merrylander,

Glad you are back up. Man, you really miss that power don't you! That was one bad storm. At least you got some cool toys out of it. A chain saw, generator and a huge BBQ tank!

I hope it is a long time before you are forced to use that generator again!

Enjoy that nice long hot shower!

Ken
 
Back
Top Bottom