• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ISO KLH Model 6 Tweeter

RPM45

New Member
I'm restoring a pair of KLH model 6 speakers and I'm looking for an original Tweeter . If anyone has one they are will to part with I'd love to purchase it. Also if anyone could recommend a good set to replace these with in case I cannot find an original I'd appreciate any input thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi,and welcome to audio karma.you can't post a want to buy in the regular forums.we have a separate forum called barter town where you can post stuff for sale as well as w.t.b..you have to become a subscrbiber to get access to it and it costs $25 /yr along with access to it there are many other perks to becomining a subscriber.here's what you get ,
https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/i...-what-is-it-and-how-do-you-become-one.124857/
As far as asking about what a suitable replacement might be that's fine.
 
I'm sure you removed and tested the tweeters but just in case:
I just picked up a Model Six pair of freebies with "non working tweeters".
The 8ohm original caps were the culprits, not the tweeters.
Now they sing.
Watch Ebay.
 
tubed raises a good point. Frequently (I might even say "usually") the problem with KLH tweeters is the crossover. If you have one working and one not, swap the tweeters between the cabinets and see if the problem stays with the cabinet or moves with the tweeter. If the latter then you need a replacement tweeter. If the former, then you need to recap the crossovers (yes, you should do both of them). Actually, you should recap them either way, since these capacitors are known to age badly.
 
I repaired my original klh tweeters that didn't work when I plugged it in. I bypassed the crossover to test and they were working. Caps were bad in both speakers and worked fine after replacing caps.
 
Back
Top Bottom