• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole FACING FUTURE

Haoleb

Super Member
Banned
This thread is about me reccomending you to pick up this album by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole or Braddah IZ as we know him. This is one of the most beautifull emotional perfect albums i own. i just picked it up today and am soo glad i did. Every time i would go to costco i walk by it. and now i finally got it. Along with his album Alone in the world which i believe was made after his passing. Here in the island Braddah IZ is a legend. Played many times a day on the hawaiian music radio and his voice and music is deeply touching even if you cant understand what he is saying in some songs. Do yourself a favor and pick this up if you dont enjoy it you dont like music. Millerdog, back me up! you gotta have this! I remember when IZ passed a few years ago and it was a tradgedy and i never knew how much he is missed until now. Read the reviews on amazon ALL 5 stars over 110 reviews! i love this cd. im gonna go listen to it a second time around on the rig right now.IZ Facing Future
 
Register to hide this ad
I dloaded some of his stuff from Kazaa and I remember that one tune from the movie "Finding Forrester". He has an amazing voice and I can see why he was a state treasure. I hope I can find his CD around here. His tunes are fabulous for testing a speakers tweeter quality. My EMIT's seem to agree with his vocals. :D

Mike
 
Some of the reviews brought tears to my eyes.

Many Thanks for the heads-up.

I have 2 discs on order.........

wish they had SACD..................

Regards,

Joe
 
I hope you enjoy them Dr.

On another note, dont be dissapointed on sound quality. Most of the album is pretty decent except for the first and last tracks hawaii 78. they both have pretty major flaws. but not as much as to take away from the enjoyment of the music.
 
If any of his stuff is available on vinyl I will Find it ! If not I will buy some of his stuff on CeeDee's. His voice is to sweet to miss out on. Thanks for the heads up.

Grumpy
 
IZ On Vinyl

Yes, there is quite a lot of music from the group that he and his brother formed way back when.... I knew Iz and his family before he became a household name, I was at his first gig professionally and watched in admiration as he climbed the ladder to success. His uncle Moe Keale was like a brother to me, and I could talk story for years about the music of hawaii...
Iz was part of a group called the Makaha Sons of Ni'ihau and when they first started playing, they used a wash tub bass and were fantastic from the beginning.... I was lucky enough to have been part of the rebuilding of the Hawaiian culture and the music of Hawaii....

BTW, I am looking for old Hawaiian Music either on Vinyl or Cassettes and willing to purchase same if available.

Thanks much
 
Back
Top Bottom