• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Issues with sound coming evenly out of my speakers on my LXI series

Jboyq

New Member
Ok so this is gonna be of an info/ photo dump. Please bear with me as any help would be greatly appreciated.

The belt slipped off my LXI and I took everything apart to get it back on. I get the belt on and once I got everything reassembled everything seems to be working, but I'm having full sound come out of the right side but not the left.

Photo dump including serial numbers and photos of the path I can follow as far as the wiring goes: https://imgur.com/gallery/DCryenY

So I'm looking for any tips on how to diagnose this issue. I've been having trouble tracking down the specific diagram for the electric system on this specific model. Also I have some experience with soldering/ fixing electronics but the whole speaker>receiver>turntable is a bit more complicated than I'm used to dealing with. Should I maybe snag a multimeter? I have very quiet and poppy sound still coming from the left side. Tried the AUX input as well and it also has the same issue.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
 
Register to hide this ad
When you say you took everything apart, what do you mean? Replacing the belt requires removing the platter but it appears that you took a whole lot of other stuff apart. Which makes it very difficult to guess what the problem is. A multimeter would be a good idea - you need to see if the issue is in the arm wiring (or maybe even the cartridge), or elsewhere.
You seem to be assuming that the turntable is the issue, but then you add that the aux input has the same problem - check the speaker connections. If they are good, switch them to see if the problem moves with the wires.
 
Back
Top Bottom