• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

it aint the old days...

quaddriver

120 What?'s per channel
Subscriber
Happy New year fellow AKers. about to head to bed, having watched the shows...

they are no longer entertaining.

the overlaying of 'scream tracks' to make us at home think people are just awed beyond words - does not work and ...

they no longer use musical acts. Kieth Urban was yes, but Paula Abdul poorly lip syncing 'straight up'?

but it was a good evening, too much food, steamed shrimp and cutthroat mexican train dominos....

gnite all.

tomorrow we can debate the merits of ultra fast recovery diodes..
 
Register to hide this ad
I gave up on that crap years ago.

I came out to the family room 10 minutes before midnight, just to be a bit social with the family. Saw a girl in tin foil boots and blue fringe. Heard some poorly done music. Wished the family a Happy New year, toasted with some high quality Sake my son brought us from Japan, and then headed in the bedroom to web surf.
 
I tuned in at 11:50 last night to watch the ball drop. Out of the folks standing on stage with Ryan Seacrest .. the only entertainer I recognized was Post Malone .. that's only because I seen him on guest appearance with Zac Bagan's on Ghost Adventures TV program.

Seems natural to me though .. :dunno: .. I recall my parents saying "who the hell was that?" from my younger years watching the New Years Eve shows.

My TV watching is practically all DVR (specifically recorded programs), Dish on Demand, Netflix, YouTube TV shows, DVD or Blu Ray (from my personal collection, rentals or library). I never just turn the TV and see what's on .. would not have anything to watch if I did.
 
Last edited:
I set down to watch Leroy Jethro Gibbs w/intentions of wakin' up to watch-hopefully the ball drop on maybe some terrorists or somesuch, & when I woke up it was like 1.30 or thereabouts... Curses! Foiled again.. Maybe NEXT year... It'll be ALL NEW, we-Never-Seen-Nothin-Like-This-Before... Can't hardly wait..
 
giphy.gif
 
Next new year show will be hosted by Wilford Brimley and Dick Clark's Skeleton, with musical acts by the Pope(chromatic harmonica) and a man who is paralyzed from the waist up who plays the organ(pedals)

Should be a helluva show
 
New Years is lame, with the possible exception of the firework displays. I can't ever remember it being "good". Too much hype, too many amateur party-goers, too much glitz and glamour.
Looking back, and I'm old, the best times were quiet nights with friends, shooting pool or just horsing around. There were a couple occasions I got lucky with some sweet thing I typically would of had no chance with if it wasn't for them "needing" to fulfill some pre-determined outcome of having a wild time.
Oh hell forget everything I said :naughty:
 
I never watched it for the entertainment, other things were going on. Whichever programming would just be “on” until about five minutes before the ball dropped. This year was no different.
 
Dunno which bunch is worser Mariah Drewcarry or the Carrharrdtrashians...Too bad Khim, Khloe, Khook, et all aren't up on charges of some sort or another, & the judge had a Sense of Humor & sentenced the whole Khit & Khaboodle to wear only Carrharrdt duds for the next year or 10...It'd KINDA be fun watchin' em melt into a big, nasty, smelly glob of Women's Warpaint come June, July & August..
 
Back
Top Bottom