• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

it took 30 years to finally own my klipsch

vegasmike

New Member
- my first post -

the addiction is so easy to get back into.. been years since.. but i fell off the wagon..

an ebay sale - original owner pair of Heresy, -- right in my neighborhood - price was fair $300 and super clean.. i put them in the my almost unused living room and that's when i felt the itch begin ...

new caps, gaskets, diaphragms - buy a Denon AVR-E300 (i thought i could mix new tech with old school speakers).. not quite there yet.. and the look of my living room didn't match my speakers.. so sold the sofa's and the dinning room set, chandelier, got some great looking new furniture with that retro look - everything even the drape needed to change.. ok now the look is right but these speaker sure would be better with more power...

added a subwoofer - - pathetic too much like home theater sound not musical to my ears -- remove sub... decide i don't like the denon its too modern - return it to amazon

find a very nice pioneer 1280 - that should do nicely..

well today the Heresy are in the car.. trading up to Chorus -- they should pair nicely with the 1280 ... whoa, look at the sweet class A tube amp ..

-- Hello my name is Mike.. I am an Audio Addict ...
 
Register to hide this ad
Can you spell NUTCASE? You really need help. I agree you are going in the wrong direction as to the amp. Get a low powered unit where the 1st watt is magic. It will serve you well, even when you get the Jubilees.
 
It depends on what music he listens to. If all he likes is cranking rock music to music hall db levels a flea amp might not cut it even with efficient Klipsch speakers.
 
And a 1280 is sweet in and of itself, and flipping, should bring some serious coin.

Welcome to a bunch of dry drunks where this hobby is concerned.
 
And a 1280 is sweet in and of itself, and flipping, should bring some serious coin.

Welcome to a bunch of dry drunks where this hobby is concerned.

Hope, I'm a wet drunk alright.:thmbsp:

Just bought another SX-1050, now I have three of the sons of bitches and no cash.
 
No indications that you're married.... you'll be having (or lusting after) the bigger stuff in no time.

Welcome to the insanity of that which is good sound.
 
OK... ". not quite there yet.. and the look of my living room didn't match my speakers.. so sold the sofa's and the dinning room set, chandelier, got some great looking new furniture with that retro look - everything even the drape needed to change.. ok now the look is right but these speaker sure would be better with more power..."

that's just awesome... hahahaha... "my living room didn't match my speakers so I changed it. hah

thanks I needed that.
 
Klipsch Chorus speakers are missing the little klipsch nameplate .. any idea where to get a pair of those ???

I see them on Ebay I will look and from one of my Klipsch favorite sellers.
Does have the V or the just the rectangular plate with Klipsch ??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/One-Small-S..._Speaker_Parts_Components&hash=item51c4a4cf62

http://www.ebay.com/itm/One-Small-S..._Speaker_Parts_Components&hash=item51c3f1193e

I have seen them for less $$ so look for a few weeks maybe one of our members has a extra.
 
Last edited:
I hooked up my heresies to a dynaco sca-35. Put in new networks that lowered the tweeter and sqwauker by 3db. Sounds good and there is actually some bass to be heard now.

I once owned the Chorus II. Excellent speakers. Should never have sold them.

Now I use three watts with my Cornwalls.
 
...
well today the Heresy are in the car.. trading up to Chorus -- they should pair nicely with the 1280 ... whoa, look at the sweet class A tube amp ..

-- Hello my name is Mike.. I am an Audio Addict ...
that is what you need. I am in Vegas. Let me know if you want hear a SET amp with your Chorus speakers.
 
My Big Dirty Girls ...

My Big Dirty Girls Klipsch Chorus... today is strip them down, clean them up and put on some fresh finishing oil ..

23m4h9u.jpg
.
9vei50.jpg



They are all stock.. an amazingly fully functional .. although at some point in there life the sisters Lursa and B'Etor had been pedestals for house plants.. nice big dirty circles on the tops, and one has a little veneer lifting ..

the little riser needed lots of lovin.. they will be on the next pix

They will be enjoying classic rock and modern electric blues..

I pulled out the ouija board and had a vision.. PK was smiling and told me life is short, dance, sing and crank it up before your to old to do it.. (hey its my vision don't kill it.. and it makes me smile) :banana:
 
Back
Top Bottom