• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

index.php

:thumbsup: Samba! :thumbsup:

 
I posted this in the Cameras and Photography forum, but thought I'd share it here.

The story -

My grandfather passed away in 1966. He owned this piece of farm ground, and usually raised alfalfa hay for the local cattle farms and dairies. As soon as I was old enough to reach the pedals on a Ford 8N tractor (10 or 12) , it was my summer job to help him mow and rake the hay every 28 days during the growing season. Any of you raised on a farm know how boring jobs like that can be. One can easily drift off daydreaming, especially when young. One day I was mowing away, off in another world, when I came upon this oak tree. It has been there forever, and I can't count the times I had to mow around it. But for some reason I slipped up this day. By the time I spotted it, it was too late. I hit the clutch and brake at the same time, but my momentum took me into the tree - not just a glancing blow, but DEAD CENTER. Luckily, the tractor had a homemade channel iron front bumper, so no harm done - especially to the radiator. And, luckily Grandpa was on the other end of the field so he didn't see it.

I live about 10 miles from the field, and have to smile every time I pass by it. I finally decided to stop and take a photo.

View attachment 3536394
I did miss it, thanks for shooting the link to this post.
 
Back
Top Bottom