• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JA Michell GyroDec power supply unit issue

Zitro

Zitro
Hey guys, I have a bit of an issue. I finally got possession of my GyroDec, but the PSU is not working. I opened it up and found 2 fuses, both blown. One was a mains fuse and one was a PCB fuse. I replaced both (mains was a 3 amp slow blow fuse, PCB was a 1 amp slow blow fuse, both 5x20mm). The second I turned the power switch on, the PCB fuse blew. The mains fuse is still intact. I have no voltage meters, etc. Any ideas as to what is making this fuse instantly blow? I really don't want to send it in to JA Michell for repairs because I know it will take forever for them to fix and will likely cost a pretty penny, so if there is anything I can do myself I'll do it. Thanks

Jeremy
 
Register to hide this ad
Well, I emailed JA Michell and they want me to send in the PSU due to what looks like a "catastrophic failure on one or more of the components on the PCB" for $279. I really don't have the money for that, so it looks like I'm not going to have a TT anytime soon. *edited by moderator* It's crazy; with the money I spent on the Rega RB300 tonearm and fixing the PSU I could have bought a brand new and already installed w/arm and cartridge Rega P1 table. Vinyl is starting to give me headaches lol.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom