• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL 075 bullet horn vs Yamaha M-35

Bernard A

New Member
Hi all, I have a pair of JBL 075 bullet horn tweeters, I'm wondering if its a good idea to power them with a Yamaha M-35 40 watts per channel its just to lesnened in a 25 x 25 room at moderat volume. Thanks

I'm asking because I never found how many watt are the coil on these tweeters. They are crossed overs at 6KHz slop of 18 db. Thanks again
 
Register to hide this ad
The crossover is going to divert a good portion of that 40 watts to the other driver(s), so the 075 won't see the full 40 watts. Should be fine I think.
 
The 075 was very inferior to the later 2405H. Its frequency response was very erratic . If could find a pair of Altec 950 UHF tweeters they developed for monitor speakers sold in Japan that would be my choice they were very flat and reached 22,000 Hz with out any high freq resonance. It used the tangerine phase plug. They are those round devices next to the horn. b.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom