• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL 4310 Info?

propbuster

Stuck in the 70's
Hi All, First off, I'm new here, just found the site today! God smiled at me and I found a pair of old JBL 4310 studio monitors at the Goodwill thrift store today for the incredible price of...........$20! They are in fantastic shape and sound even better. Does anyone have any info on these guys like specs, where to get a manufacturers manual, or even their worth today? Any help is appreciated! Thanks, Tim
 

Attachments

  • JBL 4310's 002.jpg
    JBL 4310's 002.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 146
Register to hide this ad
Heck of a deal! :banana:

If I ever found a pair of JBL 4310/4311/4312s at the thrift store, they'd have to call EMS to treat me for a cardiac infarction. :sigh:

By the way, what part of the woods do you call home?

And welcome as well! :thmbsp:
 
Hey Thanks for the nice welcome all! The links to the JBL site was very helpful and informative. A friend had a pair of L100 Centurys years ago that were fantastic and I didn't know that the 4310's are almost the same and the forerunner of them. I've been in a lot of studios years ago, and am sure I've seen the 4310's firsthand although I guess I didn't play much attention to the playback system! That, and it was a lot of now missing brain cells ago. Anyone got an idea of what I should up my renters insurance now that I've got such a sweet pair of speakers in my system? My old DQM 5's are so shot from living out at the coast for a while that I didn't even bother listing them. Thanks, Tim
 
Yes, they are the genesis of many great loudspeaker systems from JBL. :yes:

4310, L100, L100A, 4311, 4312 .

Keep checking eBay for 4310 auctions and print off a copy of the higher ending prices for substantiation.

To start off, I'd call it $500 for the pair.

Hello up there in Black Mountain! You've got several AKers in the vicinity!

BTW, I have 4310s, L100s, L100As, 4311s and 4312s. Also L26s and L200s.

Yes, I like'em!!!

What are you going to drive them with?
 
Incredible catch!

I paid $200 for my Walnut 4310(late) off the local CL and paid $189 for a pair of NOS 2105 to fix them (I still have one good 2105 as a spare). They were my second pair of vintage JBL's after I purchased L112's new in 1983. That was the moment I caught the vintage bug.

I thought I saw a pair go on e-bay for something like 7 or 8 C-notes.

As Zilch indicates, they are an important piece of the JBL studio monitor lineage and the forerunner to the highly successful L100 and there doesn't seem to be many of them left around anymore.
 
Wow, I knew they'd be worth a couple of hundred, but I guess I'll insure 'em for 5 at least. I'm assuming that they (Goodwill) didn't have a clue as to what they were when they put the $20 sticker on them. That, or after putting the price on them, they guy in the back called one of his friends to come get them and I just happened to beat him there!! Either way yeah, what a find. I've still got my old Mitsubishi DA-R8 receiver from the early 80's driving them. It's only 35w but plenty for the small place we're living in now. My trusty old PL400 brings the Vinyl to life and a Technics M215 for the tape. Right now all I have for cd's is a low end Soundesign unit but a nice Kenwood 5 disc is sitting in my shop waiting for me to get cleaned up and checked out. I'm not too heavy into Digital and am still trying to get my LP collection (stopped counting after 500 or so) in order. That's a lifetime of work in progress! Hey 70Salesguy, I still have my old Bass-O-Matic, finally paid it off last year!:lmao:
 

Attachments

  • Mitsubishi Da-R8.jpg
    Mitsubishi Da-R8.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 19
  • pioneer_pl-400.jpg
    pioneer_pl-400.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 18
More proof of they're potential worth.

(Hope this doesn't get moved to D&C )

Over on LHF...

Originally Posted by brutal
Yup. Someone over on AK just picked up a set of 4310 at a Goodwill for $20. Wow, just wow. Stuff like that never falls out around here.


"Yup Yup I bought a year ago a very nice pair for 800$ (my avatar) "
 
Very, very nice score. I've been scouring ebay for the past 2-3 weeks looking for some of those (or the 11 or 12's) with no luck. There's always some up for bid but usually with dented dustcovers or look beat to hell and the nicer ones are usually across country and I don't wanna take a chance on them getting damaged.

All the ones I've seen are running in that $500-$600 range...........R1
 
Hey 70Salesguy, I still have my old Bass-O-Matic, finally paid it off last year!:lmao:

Well, Mr. P.R. Opbuster, as a loyal Mainway consumer, we are thrilled to offer you a 13% discount on our latest product:

Bag O'Broken Vacuum Tubes !


As the current resurgence of Vintage Audio Gear has shown us, Vintage Vacuum Tubes are expensive! No need to damage any of those vintage or expensive imported vacuum tubes just so your kids can have the kind of fun you did growing up!!

Just order Bag O'Broken Vacuum Tubes from Mainway Products, ELLC (Emtremely Limited Liability Company)

Only $19.95!!!

100% Guaranteed except for parts, labor and shipping.

So you don't forget - order before Midnight tonight!
 
Go out and buy a lottery ticket now. Once in a million luck may still be on your side. Congratulations on an incredible score! Wow.

DK
 
Wow - and I thought I made a good score today.

Those look (from the pic) like they're brand new minty fresh!

You are one lucky dude.
 
Guys, well only two of my numbers came up on the Powerball drawing last night! Still good for $4 though. 70Salesguy, Thanks for the offer on the Bag-O-Vintage Vacuum Tubes but, I still have some 6L6's and 12AUX7's laying around from my Fender Pro Reverb, way back from my live performing days (I was going though a Pete Townsend period!) Back to the 4310's I'm going nuts waiting for my nextdoor neighbor to get over the Flu and get back to work so I can crank them up and really enjoy them. That, and I need a new Stylus for my TT!
 
Mikey3117 just sold his pair for $910.00 a couple of weeks ago. If they're nice, they command top $$$$.:yes: My pair set me back only $10.00. Brad
 
Back
Top Bottom