• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL 4311 pricing

ctown

New Member
I need to buy a pair of 4311 from a friend.

The problem is pricing, what is a reasonable price for these, I want to pay him a reasonable price.

They are in nice condition, not mint.

Looking on flea bay in completed listings I get prices

4311 = 400,470,410,620,920
4312 = 355,411,460,469,650,787

High prices seem to be with original packaging and ect. so there out.

Is this a good way to establish a price to pay for speakers, are locale sales prices more than flea bay prices or less ?

How about 450 or ...

Thanks in advance.

Don
 
Register to hide this ad
$450 is a great price (for the seller) for 4311's

But from your eBay research it seems the price has really skyrocketed! The going rate was around $250-$300 when I was collecting pairs a little over 2 years ago.
 
A "good deal" is when both the buyer and seller are happy.

If they are nice and you have verified that they sound good, then anywhere between $300 and $450 would be OK.

Remember that if you plan to keep them for a good while, the extra $100 or so you might pay will be more than offset by not having to ship them, risk damage and keeping a friend as a friend.

Advantage for him is that he doesn't have to deal with a potential "deadbeat" buyer, he doesn't have to ship and he gets cash on the spot.

You and he can probably work it all out to be fair to everyone.
 
A "good deal" is when both the buyer and seller are happy.

If they are nice and you have verified that they sound good, then anywhere between $300 and $450 would be OK.

Remember that if you plan to keep them for a good while, the extra $100 or so you might pay will be more than offset by not having to ship them, risk damage and keeping a friend as a friend.

Advantage for him is that he doesn't have to deal with a potential "deadbeat" buyer, he doesn't have to ship and he gets cash on the spot.

You and he can probably work it all out to be fair to everyone.

You can't argue with your sound reasoning, thanks.

I am trying to get my friend on the phone I would like to pick them up today. I want to hook them up to my sansui AU-6900. The ev speakers that came with the amp are a longer term project (refoam and ...)

Don
 
Bought a pair of 4312a from a military exchange in Germany about 1990 for $300. They were returns for some reason but were essentially brand new. If the 4311s are good, then $300 to $400 should be OK....be sure they're good though. Don't want any crapped-out speakers for that money.

They're fantastic speakers especially if you pair them with the right ampifier. (In another post I explained I had the 4312as hooked to a Carver M1.0t and there was thin bass....not a good match. But hook the JBLs to a lower powered Pioneer SX-580, and it's all there. Got to let the amps open-up into their comfort zone and you'll hear it in the speakers.

v/r, HH
 
$300 seems fair

I paid $300 for a set of mint 4312s. At 52 lbs each shipping these things would be a PITA. There's value in being a local buyer.
 
Back
Top Bottom