• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL 4311 vs B&W DM2. Opinions.

If you check the spec sheet on JBL web site you will see the speaker is bright and then roll off rapidly around 13,500 Hz. The bass has a peak and is starting disappear at or above 50 HZ. There is a significant dip in the lower midrange. The B&W is a much smoother speaker with a better high end for sure and better balance through out its range. THe JBL will play a little louder with the same power. The question is are you after quality or quantity?.
 
Maybe I am wrong but I cannot understand one thing - it seems all of you rate B&W as JBL. But I think JBL's have more quality speakers. I mean woofer and midrange - AlNiCo, paper and so on...
 
I've already tested B&W! You were right. I got less problems with B&W. No problem with boomy bass and I can put them on any place in my room. No sharp midrange. Bass deep. So I can say these speakers are more comfortable for me. Lack of dynamic but I can live with it. And another point - I have never thought that type of bass speaker can sound well. BUT - THEY ARE UUUUGLY! Thank you for the answers!
 
Back
Top Bottom