• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL 4311wx-a verses 43311b

dtranquil

New Member
OK, I can't seem to find the exact difference between these 2 models of the venerable JBL 4311's. Does anyone have any info? I check the Lansing site...but nothing there as fas as I could see. Are the wx-a's older than the b's...and which model is the more desirable?? thanks!

Doug
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
The 43111wx is the older of the two, the wx just refers to the walnut cabinet finish. They were also available with grey painted cabinets, so the wx was a nice upgrade. The 4311B is similar, but newer, and the speakers are all revsed to use ferrite magnets instead of the alnico magnets of the earlier version. The differences in the sound would not be huge, but I would expect the newer versions to be better.
 
I have the 4311A's

They are all alnico with the exception of the tweeter in mine. Mine are in "studio-grey" with black grill cloth.
Ron
 
Back
Top Bottom