• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL 4312 l-Pad Puzzle

dbeed

New Member
Hi
I am currently restoring the crossover networks on a pair of JBL 4312's and I am finding it difficult to source the correct l-pads. The l-Pads that are coming out say cosmos 50db 8 ohms. I have checked the internet and read as much info as I could find but none that answer this question. The audio karma site has a very interesting piece on a restore project on a pair of 4311, but this lists 15w 8ohms l-pads as replacements. Is there any relation between 15w and 50db? Would this be the correct choice/done thing? If not, what should I be looking at installing?
Hope that all made sense as I am not a tech by any stretch of the imagination..

cheers dbeed
P.s. The physical sizing of any potential replacements has to be like for like due to how they mount.. You probably already know that but just being safe.. I am new here!!
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome!

The originals are pretty generic. I believe the L pads listed in that thread (I know which thread you mean) are fine. You should find that they have the attenuation range you need, which is what the 60 dB probably refers to. And 15 watts is, apparently, ample for the mids and tweeters. And you know 8 ohms is the correct impedance.

That leave just the physical issue. IIRC, the shafts on the replacements I put in my 4311s were a hair shorter, so I wound up omitting the original spacer. Basically, I think you just pick ones with the correct length and diameter shafts to match the originals.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom