• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

jbl 4408a restoration

rexmundi

New Member
Hi I picked up a set of jbl 4408a speakers at a thrift store. During testing them out one fell from a stack of speakers and the cabinet is damaged. I enjoyed the sound of the speakers while i listened to them bass seemed really defined I could hear more separate sounds. Anyways I'm gonna make new cabinets. Should I stick to the same layout? I was thinking exact copy out of mdf then laminate or possibly birch ply but swaying towards maple laminate. I quick read a speaker making book in spring before I refoamed a pair of ohm h's which killed my diy speaker plans, but would taking the jbl drivers and coming up with a diy setup be a really bad idea? I do really like their sound so i figured the front layout may be important, but those tall speakers look cool. Any reference to a more specific forum is appreciated as well if this is not the best place to ask

thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom