• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL 4560's with Altec drivers. $200

Register to hide this ad
No Altec woofers there. But, the horns and drivers are nearly worth the asking.

What brand of driver do you feel the vented aluminum dust cap represents? I don't remember anything particular but its also not my area of expertise.
 
For posterity:

I am starting the DEAL OF THE DAY program where I will post one incredible deal on that day. Todays deal is a pair of JBL 4560 Horn Loaded/Bass Reflex Cabinets with I am not sure 15" Woofers but they are definately nice, they both have accordian edge and sound great. On the top are Altec 511B Aluminum Horns. The horns both have Altec Compression Drivers that work, 1 is 806-8A and the other is 808-8B. Entire system is cosmetically challenged but all speaker components work. This system was used with an electronic crossover so there is no passive crossover, I will probably add a simple crossover in near future if these last through weekend on CL. Bass cabinet size is 36"T x 30"W x 24"D. Price is $200/pr. That's $100 EACH. This is a HOLY COW price. Call Larry
 

Attachments

  • 3Kf3L23H75La5H45J2d5u6773e2aaf5191a35.jpg
    3Kf3L23H75La5H45J2d5u6773e2aaf5191a35.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 3K13M63H85Id5E65J8d5u271ff48e245f1266.jpg
    3K13M63H85Id5E65J8d5u271ff48e245f1266.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 3Id3J93N75I35L55K2d5u5dffb7e3fb7e1586.jpg
    3Id3J93N75I35L55K2d5u5dffb7e3fb7e1586.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 3Ke3G93H35G35F85J5d5ud87eecdc19981a7c.jpg
    3Ke3G93H35G35F85J5d5ud87eecdc19981a7c.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 16
What brand of driver do you feel the vented aluminum dust cap represents? I don't remember anything particular but its also not my area of expertise.
Becker, Oaktron, Utah, Jensen, etc. etc. any of a variety of cheaper stamped basket MI speakers.

Note the seamed and ribbed cone.

Altecs with a shiny dustcap are never vented thru the cap. The mud motors have rear vents, and the alnico's go by the grace of God.:D

I have some 12 inch Oaktron full range drivers with about the same size vent in the aluminum dustcap. But, the cone is molded, and ironically has a patterned surface texture and doped cloth surround very similar to Altecs.

I have also seen aluminum caps that have a piece of felt in the center, but no vent, apparently an attempt to damp the dust cap.

It should also be noted that the boxes are knock offs, without even looking into them i can just about guarantee that the build quality doesn't come close to resembling a factory JBL cabinet. Factory JBL 4560's in good condition would be worth the asking to the right buyer.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for posting those pic's. I posted this on my iphone in a hurry.

Tough crowd. $200 not a good enough deal for these ?? I would buy them if I had a truck to pick them up or someplace to put them. Even with those woofers which he is acknowleging that he doesn't know what they are.

I am not an expert but when I Google 4560, the cabs look the same. What do you see that I'm not seeing?
 
It might be a good deal for someone, but I really wouldn't want them as they are hideous looking and huge. Maybe if I had barn parties............
 
Thanks for posting those pic's. I posted this on my iphone in a hurry.

Tough crowd. $200 not a good enough deal for these ?? I would buy them if I had a truck to pick them up or someplace to put them. Even with those woofers which he is acknowleging that he doesn't know what they are.

I am not an expert but when I Google 4560, the cabs look the same. What do you see that I'm not seeing?

I'd only believe they were true JBL's if they had the correct stenciled Name on the side. Here's a couple of pics showing the correct vent placements:

4560bkaup.jpg
JBL4560.jpg
 
I'd only believe they were true JBL's if they had the correct stenciled Name on the side. Here's a couple of pics showing the correct vent placements:

I am not an expert but when I Google 4560, the cabs look the same. What do you see that I'm not seeing?
My bad here fellas. I forget how long 4560's have been around.

I am only first hand familiar with the late style(post ~'76) like Mech986 has posted above with asymmetrical ports. I failed to consider the earlier versions which had symmetrical ports, and early 70's pro portable versions even used that style metal corner protector.

Those very well could be early factory cabinets, they'd need some provenance of course. Apologies for leading anyone astray on these.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom