• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL c38 Baron

pwrtrio

New Member
I’m interested in a pair of JBL c38’s on craigslist for around 1,500. There doesn’t seem to be a lot out there about how much they are worth. They have the 030 component package and look amazing. I’ve never heard a pair in person, so any input on cost and sound would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 66312249-FC15-4BE0-A6B4-D27FE3892AE8.jpeg
    66312249-FC15-4BE0-A6B4-D27FE3892AE8.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 144
Register to hide this ad
Wow those look amazing! How do they compare to other speakers you have or had? What do you think the value is? I’ve been looking for a pair of these mainly because they look so great.
 
Those look very cool. I found them on Audiomart, looks like they have been listed for almost 6 months now. I'm kind of surprised by that, but I guess that means $1500 is a bit high.
 
It's collectable as any vintage JBL is but not one of the better sounding models. Looks like those are D130 and 075 load. The D130 is not the best for going down deep. But those should still sound decent. As far as value, someone will probably pony up $1500. They look nice and I've seen them go for more from a collector standpoint.
 
These always sell for a premium because they crossover to collectors of high end MCM (Mid Century Modern) furniture given they were designed by Alvin Lustig. To that crowd the big appeal is those metal legs.
 
Those look very cool. I found them on Audiomart, looks like they have been listed for almost 6 months now. I'm kind of surprised by that, but I guess that means $1500 is a bit high.
I noticed the same thing. I guess he lowered them from $2500 and now he’s not budging.
 
Back
Top Bottom