• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL Century L100 Tweeter Repair then sale

RandyZee

New Member
I have a vintage pair of JBL Century L100 speakers. One of the tweeters has a torn cone.
1) Should I buy two newer tweeters and replace both to keep them sounding equal?
2) Where can I get them with 3 mounting holes? The ones I find online so far have 4 mounting holes.
 

Attachments

  • Tweeter Damage_original speaker.jpg
    Tweeter Damage_original speaker.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Tweeter UnDamaged.jpg
    Tweeter UnDamaged.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 20
Register to hide this ad

Post #7 and a few after describes what you have.
 
if the tweeter still works i would fix it by using a tiny amount of superglue to weld the tear in the paper back together..The early L100 that has all the drivers in a perfect inline position like you have used the le20-1 alnico magnet tweeter that has the 3 holes and should have a thin black aluminum trim ring that covers the screws..the later L100 with the offset/clustered drivers use the le25 tweeter version with ferrite magnet has 4 holes and has a foam trim ring..if you want a replacement tweeter you will need to find a used original le20-1 tweeter on ebay
 
Back
Top Bottom