• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL CF-120's Opinions Please.

Steelman

Super Member
Hello all,

I have a chance to pick up a pair of JBL CF-120's. Cabs look great, as do the grills. One dust cap is slightly dented. I have never herd these and was wondering if they were worth grabbing. I have a pair of L40's and a pair of L100's.

How do they stack up?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Vincent
 
Register to hide this ad
Vince I see you never got an answer did you ever buy? I am thinking about grabbing a pair myself.

Bill
 
If the price is right they are good efficient speakers.
The best way I can explain them is that they are JBL's version of Vega's.
High efficiency, good bass, reasonable cost.

I mentioned in the other thread that the tweeters could benefit from an upgrade, sometimes tough to do though because they are like 96db speakers. The original tweeters are the "mylar" "tri-laminate" type made by audax.
The bigger ones, the 150's had dome tweeters which were a little bit smoother and less bright.

If $125/pair or less, I would say they are a good deal.

Good Luck.
 
Back
Top Bottom