• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL Everest DD6600 - $30000 (Los Angeles)

hwirt

Super Member
JBL Everest DD6600 - $30000 (Los Angeles)

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/ele/3158258567.html

5G85Ed5W33G23F33Hdc7n1a9976e87d4d1e3e.jpg


No Affiliation.
 
Register to hide this ad
Has anyone heard them? Most reviews are very favorable whatever that's worth. Maybe JBL would send me a pair to review. :D

cubdog
 
Should I contact him, and set up a delivery time. Then say; Oh I am sorry they don't match my decor :D

Kinda strange 30k speakers, and you can't even demo them...Can anyone say bricks in a box :D
 
I on my way! ....oh, they're rosewood. Nevermind. I hate Rosewood.

But really....I would love those. So nice looking, too. I wonder how well they'd hold their value? Some of this stuff is just like parking money that you could get back selling them.
 
Should I contact him, and set up a delivery time. Then say; Oh I am sorry they don't match my decor :D

Kinda strange 30k speakers, and you can't even demo them...Can anyone say bricks in a box :D

It's because CL gets a lot of tire kickers and window shoppers with no real intention of buying.
 
I on my way! ....oh, they're rosewood. Nevermind. I hate Rosewood.

But really....I would love those. So nice looking, too. I wonder how well they'd hold their value? Some of this stuff is just like parking money that you could get back selling them.

That's the problem with big value items.
Even if they devalue by 5% value, it's big money. :no:
 
That's the problem with big value items.
Even if they devalue by 5% value, it's big money. :no:

Yes but they were originally (and still?) $66,000. I would think that at some point, it wouldn't matter that you got them B-stock as any amount of normal wear and tear can make something B-stock. $36,000 is a lot of room for depreciation, and everything becomes B-stock once it's left the original boxes.

The modern high-end gear I've bought used, I've managed to sell for what I paid for it (or more). If I had a huge bank account, it would be more fun parking some of it in these JBLs than in the bank...and I can't see these ever NOT being collectable to somebody (probably somebody in Asia, they're nuts for JBL).
 
Um.. yeah.. you'd be able to get your money back.. eventually.. Not like there's much audience for a pair of ultra expensive JBL speakers..

Although something is worth the money, it can be a hell of a chore finding someone that can actually afford it, and will actually want them.

I also wouldn't want to go through the hassles, and the worries of being ripped off (or them damaged) shipping them over seas either..
 
Back
Top Bottom