• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL Fun

Tom Brennan

AK Member
Subscriber
Kwing and I got a bunch JBL stuff in Milwaukee yesterday and I brought home a pair of 2446 2" compression drivers and 2380 90x40 CD horns. I matched them to my JBL D-140s in JBL C35 cabinets last and measured and EQed them today, using the parametric EQ of my Acoustas AC-650 DSP amp. The amp also supplied the 500hz 48db per active FIR active crossover. The 2446 was the first driver to use JBL's improved "coherent wave" phasing plug for improved highs and the results are evident. The drivers use 4" embossed titanium diaphragms and weigh 31 pounds.

Sound is excellent.

IMG_0571.jpegIMG_0563.jpegIMG_0561.jpegIMG_0560.jpegIMG_0562.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Love the D-140's!
Saving my 140R's for a worthy project!
Tom; Curious as to why you cross them over to the horns So Low.
IMHO that is the strength of the 140's is they are smooth past 1K.
 
Last edited:
Love the D-140's!
Saving my 140R's for a worthy project!
Tom; Curious as to why you cross them over to the horns So Low.
IMHO that is the strength of the 140's is they are smooth past 1K.

I think that crossing over lower often sounds better; the sound is more, oh, sharp, but not in a bad way. More clarity and better attack. Maybe I'm crazy but the bass sounds better with these than with the 2425s.
 
No doubt your DSP with its steep Slope and EQ can adjust any thing.
All good. I haven't used DSP yet. Just analogue xovers
 
Back
Top Bottom