• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL horns/drivers

Jcricket

not someday, but today
Subscriber
Hey Folks, I happened onto a set of JBL horns and drivers today. I am considering buying them, but would like ot get an idea of what they are worth.

This set consistes of two JBL 2420 with original and good diaphragms, and two JBL 2350 Horns.

They are pretty dusty, couls use a little paint, but are othereise in solid shape.

So anyone have an idea of waht these are worth.

Ebay seems to be in the $100 per driver range, and the horns I coldn't find a set.


THoughts?

ARE these any good for home speaker use. They are HUGE - the seem a little bigger than the altec 511b horns.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I just looked up the horns. SOmething like 30" wide - they are bigger thanthe 511's. Hmm. The asking price is $150 for all of it. Deal?
Seems pretty fair. ANy gtochas to look out for?
 
Well, if they were used for a band, the diaphragms will be close to shot, so Radian replacement drivers will run about 3 to 400 bucks....and what will you use them for? You can't go two way with these, and you will need to go active...and it costsss $$$$$$.
 
Well, if they were used for a band, the diaphragms will be close to shot, so Radian replacement drivers will run about 3 to 400 bucks....and what will you use them for? You can't go two way with these, and you will need to go active...and it costsss $$$$$$.

Why? Wouldn't it be feasible ot cross them at 70hz? I could see an attenuator need to bring the spl down, but why an active xover?
 
Doh!, your right, I just didn't do the math.

Oh well, it was exciting to think about.
 
Back
Top Bottom