• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL HP-520 Reading, PA CL

Register to hide this ad
http://reading.craigslist.org/ele/549506874.html

No affiliation! I have always wanted to audition a pair of these. :D Wonder what shape the surrounds are in!

Yank

I just picked up a set of HP420s on Tuesday. The 520s are bound to be a great improvement, the 420s have no mid-bass driver and leave ~140Hz-3,500Hz to the 5" midrange. I'm liking the 026Ti tweeter, though.

White paper and manual for the HPs are available on line. Oh, and original MSRP for the 520s was $795 EACH, $1,590 for the pair.

Check some details here:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=145070

je
 
Wow, I have never seen those, or the 420's. I would love to hear a pair also. Early 90's vintage? Ok, around '92 I see.
 
I picked up on an old thread here, but I have had a set of these speakers that I bought new from the store in 1993. The chain I bought them from was Silo during their going out of business sale. The price that I paid for the pair was 857.47. They have a stunning appearance with a unique elegance that matches any decor. The sound that emanates from these speakers is truly astounding. On the bottom on the speaker there is a room compensation switch which adjusts the bass level depending on the listeners tastes and the placement of the speaker in the room. Corner, wall or in the open. These will stay with me. to top off my surrounds I have 2 pairs of JBL pro 3 with original ceiling mounts.
 
I picked up on an old thread here, but I have had a set of these speakers that I bought new from the store in 1993. The chain I bought them from was Silo during their going out of business sale. The price that I paid for the pair was 857.47. They have a stunning appearance with a unique elegance that matches any decor. The sound that emanates from these speakers is truly astounding. On the bottom on the speaker there is a room compensation switch which adjusts the bass level depending on the listeners tastes and the placement of the speaker in the room. Corner, wall or in the open. These will stay with me. to top off my surrounds I have 2 pairs of JBL pro 3 with original ceiling mounts.

I joined the forum just to chime in on these.

I did the exact same thing when Silo went out of business. Actually bought three of the HP 520's with the idea of using the third for a center when I built a front projection setup some day. Well, I built that, but my finished basement is not a tall pour, and an HP 520 won't fit below the screen :-)

I use two of them upstairs for music with a pair of pro 3's serving as a center setup flanking my equipment above the TV.

Mine were demos, but JBL took great care of me and I have a spare grill and two spare glass tops for them

Love these. The imaging is great. The rubberized narrow front baffle serves them well.
 
Hate to dig up an old thread, but I live in Shillington, a suburb of Reading and stopped by Cash Converters in Kenhorst tonight and purchased a pair of JBL HP520's for $79. I'm wondering if they are the same pair in question. How many could there be in Reading?
 
Not many pairs available one would assume. Would love to see some pics and wow did you resurrect an old thread! :D
 
I joined the forum just to chime in on these.

I did the exact same thing when Silo went out of business. Actually bought three of the HP 520's with the idea of using the third for a center when I built a front projection setup some day. Well, I built that, but my finished basement is not a tall pour, and an HP 520 won't fit below the screen :)

I use two of them upstairs for music with a pair of pro 3's serving as a center setup flanking my equipment above the TV.

Mine were demos, but JBL took great care of me and I have a spare grill and two spare glass tops for them

Love these. The imaging is great. The rubberized narrow front baffle serves them well.
DO you still have the 2 grill and 2 glass? Would you be willing to sell them? Dinusson@orthocormedical.com. I am also looking for the rubber feet/spikes?
 
Back
Top Bottom