• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Jbl l-100 -- $1,235!!!

Register to hide this ad
I wonder if there is some shady ghost bidding going on. One of the bidders is a "0" transaction user.

Seems suspicious to me ...
 
I wonder if there is some shady ghost bidding going on. One of the bidders is a "0" transaction user.

Seems suspicious to me ...

Audio equipment, or others items, that have acquired a status and a following for whatever reasons, and are posted on eBay or at live auctions, have always a ghost or even two at time. Some supposedly reputable auctions sites in my area have been caught before, but the law is quite lax for these infractions.
 
Those grilles don't look original to me.

They're not, but then I doubt anyone has the originals after over 35 years!

They don't look like the JBL factory replacements either. The ad copy says the grille covers were "professionally recovered". They do look good.
 
They're not, but then I doubt anyone has the originals after over 35 years!

They don't look like the JBL factory replacements either. The ad copy says the grille covers were "professionally recovered". They do look good.

Somewhat common to see "inserts."
 
They look very nice and probably are someone's dream.
All it takes is two bidders with serious joneses.....
 
They do look very nice. Even though the grilles are not not, I think they will fit in well in any environment as compared to the stock foam grilles.
 
I was just about to post about these but someone beat me to it:D My lord, what an insane price. I too think it's a bit fishy but hopefully whoever gets them is happy.
I hope the price of these isn't a start to a new trend:no: These are the speakers I've been lusting over for a while now..........
 
I don't get the crazy over the L100's. I didn't see anything special with them, I think there are many many better speakers out there for that price that is better then L100's. I have a pair of L36's pretty much the same as L100's but they don't seem to have the following of the L100's. I don't get it
 
I don't get the crazy over the L100's. I didn't see anything special with them, I think there are many many better speakers out there for that price that is better then L100's. I have a pair of L36's pretty much the same as L100's but they don't seem to have the following of the L100's. I don't get it

L36s are nice speakers and you should be glad you have them, but they're not L-100s or a close equivalent. Simular "voicing" as well. Great units.

But the "Decade" line was really designed to be the L26, which offered a JBL 2-way speaker to compete at the same price point as the OLA. The L16 was added to have a product at a slightly lower price and the L36 added to be a step-up product.

If you ever get the chance to do a A-B comparison of the L36 vs L100, you will hear the difference!

Let's face it, L-100s are an icon and this is a very nice pair. As referenced before, his other pair sold for over $700. Of course, I would be concerned that one of my 2 highest bidders had a feedback of 0, but everyone starts at 0!

And you probably did a lot better on the price of your L36s as well! :thmbsp:
 
I don't get it either. I have had many sets speakers, including the 100's. They are far from the ones that I remember the most. I even thought the 166's blew them away. Okay secondary back room speakers IMHO.:smoke:
 
Saw a pair 0f L250's for around the same price range out of the Midwest. Too bad one cannot email bidders on ebay.
 
Back
Top Bottom