• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JbL L100T to L100T3 Crossover Conversion Cheat Sheet

Also the ported speakers have a little bit boomy bass below 60 hz. To correct this, fill big socks with parallel bunch of drinking straws and seal the ports behind speakers. Not tight, just be gentle.
 
10/2014 - competent show to do this modification?

10/06/2014 PM
I've obtained a primo pair of all real wood L100T's. Any suggestions of finding
a competent electronics person /shop to do this L100T to L100T3 modification?
edward VT
 
L100T to L100T3 conversion 10/6/14 reply

I'm in VT (Vermont ) but can ship the crossovers via fedex to the best qualified tech /shop easily.

edward /VT
 
Well then, you're close to AK'er Duaneage. I think he lives in Connecticut? Anyway, look him up, shoot him a PM.

Damn fine work, at a great price.

And welcome to AK!
 
reply 10/06/14 16:42

thanks for the lead. I found him on page 369 of the AK 'D's' and sent him a message - looks like he has not posted in a while - so I hope he gets the message. Again, thanks.
 
still looking for crossover tech

Followed your suggestion - and wrote to Duaneage - but no reply. Are there any other people out there who you'd trust to do a good job on the L100T to L100T3 crossover job? 10/12/14 PM
 
Followed your suggestion - and wrote to Duaneage - but no reply. Are there any other people out there who you'd trust to do a good job on the L100T to L100T3 crossover job? 10/12/14 PM

hmm. Sorry, thought he was still quite active.

Basically, any tech could do it. I'd go ahead and order the necessary components, and have them waiting. Worst case scenario, you could ship them to any of AK's fine techs here. It is not a difficult job, and one you might be able to do yourself, if you were inclined. Some techs here are

Mattsd

Echowars

Markthefixer

and there are many others. I'm sure any of them would be able to do this job for you, at a fair price.
 
re: suggestions for tech

thanks for the info - I have the L100T crossovers in a box - ready to ship.
I'll notify your suggestions to see if one of them could do the work.
 
Rule of thumb with inductors in series with the woofer is lower DCR will result in the amp having tighter control of the woofer motion.

I used this Erse 16ga 3.3mH I core because it has the lowest DCR*:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=266-914

Had to unwind a few turns to get it to 3.2mH. Bass is solid, but did not have much time on the stock setup as comparison, (so maybe better, maybe not, YMMV).

There is a pic of the inductor installed here:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulle...00T-quot-s-!!!&p=340694&viewfull=1#post340694

For the other inductors, I added enough turns of the same diameter wire to bring them up to the new values. This gets the DCR as close as possible to the original by only adding a few feet of wire to the original DCR...

* The 14ga 3.3 mH Jantzen Toroidal

(http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=255-812)

_may_ have a lower DCR, but Toroidals are a lot harder to unwind. Either way you need an inductance meter to get it right:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=390-570
Poor mans l100t to l100t3 crossover conversion and recap.
 
Duane just did a crossover conversion to L100T3 for me. I’ve had these speakers since new and hope to make them last another 35 years. Here is the before and after.
How much did it cost you? Do you by any chance still have Duane's contact info? I would like to do the same for my L100T's
 
Back
Top Bottom