• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Jbl l100t

Yeah, I just learned about the 240Ti and I think I would love to have a pair of those. Unfortunately as you said, no one is selling any. Anybody out there that wants to sell a pair of 240Ti speakers?? Oh well, my loss. From what I've read about the Ti series, they have a flatter frequency response and are more truthfull to the source than the L series JBLs. Of course I did love my original L150As. What would a pair of 240Ti speakers go for today on the market?
 
Yeah, I just learned about the 240Ti and I think I would love to have a pair of those. Unfortunately as you said, no one is selling any. Anybody out there that wants to sell a pair of 240Ti speakers?? Oh well, my loss. From what I've read about the Ti series, they have a flatter frequency response and are more truthfull to the source than the L series JBLs. Of course I did love my original L150As. What would a pair of 240Ti speakers go for today on the market?

Probably anywhere from $800 to $1200. I got lucky with mine just finding them & they were a steal. I think the L100T3 as others mentioned would be a close runner up, although I have never heard them. Take your time, you never know what comes out of the woodwork :thmbsp:
 
Yesterday I saw on Audiogon a pair of interesting JBl speakers for sale. They are the L220. They sure look different and they've got a 14" woofer and 15" passive radiator. They looked in great shape too. Was that eliptical tweeter any good? Don't see many of those tweeters these days.

If that's the "cat eye" tweeter, I heard somewhere that they are the shizzle.
L220 is probably like the L150 on steriods with a better tweeter.
 
I recently sold my L100t's to a friend, I did not have room for them and I was moving. I replaced the crossovers with the T3's I purchased on ebay cheep. The result was a more refined smoother sound, easy to listen for longer periods of time. Sounded good before the change, just better after. Would have them still but there are a pair of 250ti's in their place.:music:

If you have the change get a pair of early 250ti's my little brother has a pair of 250LE's with the 035 tweeter and the trashy crossover and they are not as smooth, and they are black????
 
Last edited:
What kind of amp set-up are you using? JBL's like the L100T's need at least 125 wpc to really shine IMO. I have a pair of L150A's and love them. I run a 130 wpc amp. Like the other AK'r said the L100T3 would have smoother high's. But either way they perform well. I have no idea what the Paradigm speakers sound like. I would also recommend a pair of L112's. They have the same driver set-up as the 150A's except they are ported instead of using the passive radiators. Welcome to AK :thmbsp:

Try 500 watts in those L-150's. At 130 per you just don't get the bottom end they are capable of. I know cause I've run 155 per from a DC-300-a-SeriesII's and 550 from the same amps in bridged-mono. Different world altogether.
 
Try 500 watts in those L-150's. At 130 per you just don't get the bottom end they are capable of. I know cause I've run 155 per from a DC-300-a-SeriesII's and 550 from the same amps in bridged-mono. Different world altogether.

I have a Spec 2 (250 wpc) amp I need to try them with.
 
If that's the "cat eye" tweeter, I heard somewhere that they are the shizzle.
L220 is probably like the L150 on steriods with a better tweeter.

I have a pair of 150's and 150-a's with the aluminum tweeter. Lost a tweeter in the 150's to a carver Cube amp and didn't have the funds at the time to replace it. The originals are long out of production and a few years back went to the titanium units. Had to tone down the high end. I like the polymer domes much better. But that's just my preference. If you know anyone who has a set of the original polymer units for sale send him to me.
 
Anyone owned the L166? How do the Lx0T series compare to them?

I use my L-166's as stands for my 4412A's...

Seriously, they are both in the preferred horizontal position, with the tweeter over the mid, one on top of the other. L-166 has the mid and tweeter on the same side of the box, while the 4412A has them mirrored. I prefer the 4412A mirrored setup, but the L-166 sounds very good as well. The 066 tweeter is the best of the JBL aluminum dome types, but the titanium 052 does have a little bit more extension. The mid on the 4412A is a bit smoother than the LE-5 in the L-166, both have similar low end.

Using either in a vertical position causes lots of nulls in the mid-to-high crossover region, audible as you move side to side around the speaker...

In a few weeks I should have my L100T's running, last week I found some clean cabinets (on CL) to go with the components I found the week before...
 
033

I have a pair of 150's and 150-a's with the aluminum tweeter. Lost a tweeter in the 150's to a carver Cube amp and didn't have the funds at the time to replace it. The originals are long out of production and a few years back went to the titanium units. Had to tone down the high end. I like the polymer domes much better. But that's just my preference. If you know anyone who has a set of the original polymer units for sale send him to me.

The 033 comes up on the auction site often enough. Used in L-110 also.
 
Bringing back an old thread to talk about the low end of these speakers.

I own a pair and just noticed on the original brochure it is stated they go down to 35hz but at -6db. So does this mean at the standard -3db they would be more around 40hz?
 
Hi, I've got a 200wpc B&K amp. So you've got the L150As, they were my babies. When I sold them after having them for over 20 years (from new), unbelivably the cabinets had no scratches and looked like new and I had the woofers surrounds replaced by a JBL approved service store. I used to lemon oil the walnut veneer weekly. They looked beautiful! I do miss them even though I also love my Paradigms. When I bought my L150As, JBL speakers were sold in local high end shops, and I remember the salesman demonstrating to me the difference between the construction of the JBL drivers and typical other speakers. They even had cutouts provided by JBL to show the difference. Ah, but that was at the time of Marantz amps and turntables. AS a matter of fact, I did have a classic Marantz receiver driving my L150As at one time. It was alot of fun!! :music:
What JBL speaker would you pair with a Marantz 2325? I just picked one up. I also have a Pioneer SX-1250 that i would like to swap in and out for duty now and then. I also want to only use an 8 ohm speaker because i want to use both A and B speakers at the same time. For something good I was thinking around $1000. but if i could find a pair of JBL 240Ti i might go for them if i can get them for a good price. any other thoughts form you all would be helpfull.
Thanks
Bob
 
Back
Top Bottom