• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL L100t's value

Analog1

Member
I'm wondering what the value of a pair of JBL L100T speakers are.

They are vintage 1988 and are in great shape, except for the woofers need re-foaming.

My second question is what does it cost to have a set of 2214H's re-foamed?

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
A refoam kit will run about $30 from Rick Cobb. My guess is a shop might charge $30-50 apiece, plus shipping both ways.
 
Last edited:
So a set only needing a refoam going for $200-$250 + $90 for the refoam = $290-$340 still sound like a "good deal"?

I think $300 freshly refoamed is an ok deal - meaning that's close to how much you will be able to resell them for. If you're in it to enjoy that JBL sound, it's worthwhile. If you are thinking of flipping, you won't make much. I have a pair of L100T and L80T hooked up to a Sansui G-8700DB, and I love them.
 
So a set only needing a refoam going for $200-$250 + $90 for the refoam = $290-$340 still sound like a "good deal"?

It's a decent price. Logistics make a big difference. In my area, metro Phoenix there is a lot of gear to be found so deals are fairly easy to come by. If your in a more rural area it could be more difficult. It seems to me the prices are a little lower out West than the East coast, I could be wrong about that. Like slowpat said if you have your mind set on keeping them for yourself I don't think you can go wrong. Especially if they are in great cosmetic condition. I love all my JBL's. I say go for it! :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom