• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

jbl l166 tweeters

88gibson

Active Member
I just aquired a pair of jbl-l166 speakers and one of the 066 tweeters is blown. I tried repairing the diaphram, but it's really fried. I haven't been able to locate a new diaphram. Does anyone know where I can get a diaphram? Does anyone know a diaphram that would work as a substitue? Has anyone hand spooled a voice coil before? I also tried finding a supplier of voice coils for hobbyists without any luck. I saw a pair of tweeters on e-bay, but I only need one. If I could use the motor from my tweeter that would be great. I only payed $25 dollars for these and I don't want to gut them for parts, or spend allot of money.

Derek
 
Register to hide this ad
Man, that's a lot of questions, and hopefully, someone with some knowledge of these speakers will come along to answer them. :D
 
How about you buy a pair, then sell the one you don't need or keep it as a spare? I'm going to have to do this with an L26 woofer - no one sells singles and I need only one.

... and $25 for L166s is a major score! :banana:
 
Try LH

You might have better luck with that 066 if you check with the fine folks over at Lansing Heritage Forum.
Someone over there might be able to help you out with a single 066. And answer you other questions.
They specialize in JBL over there.
Nice score on the 166's by the way. :yes:

RJ
 
Back
Top Bottom