• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL L5 SPL vs L80T SPL

CH46E

Active Member
Has anyone had experience with the L5 and the L80T? I am wondering if the L5 will have the impact and spl of the L80T?

Were there any immediately articulable differences in sound?
 
Register to hide this ad
I have both, and the L5 will blow the L80t into the weeds! It seems to offer much punchier bass and the soundstage fills the room. I also have the L1, L3, and L7. I've often debated myself whether I prefer the L5 to the L96 which I've called my desert-island speaker. I've tweaked my L80ts with t3 crossovers and Gordon's suggested bass-port mods and packing the top with insulation. They still won't perform like the L96 or the L5. Don't get me wrong, I have two pair of L80ts. They're a fine speaker, but they're just not the best JBL 10-inch 3-way.
 
Back
Top Bottom