• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL L60T's woofers need refoamed

nelsress

Super Member
Hi all! I picked up a pair of JBL L60T towers a couple summers ago and am finally getting around to refoaming them. I have to admit to a major brain cramp on this one as when I saw the CL listing they were listed as JBL L80 speakers. So I called the guy and asked if they were a L80T's and he said they were. I drove the 20 minutes to his house, checked them out and brought them home. Then I proceeded to pick up a plastic base for an L80T along with a "best refoam kit" for JBL L80T woofers. Yikes! tonight when I went to clean off the old surround debris I looked at the replacement surrounds and realized they were larger than I needed.

That being said, I was wondering if any of you speaker repair guys and or JBL guys have a great source (perhaps an AK'er?) for a user friendly (installation-wise), very good quality surround kit for these speakers? Thanks a lot!

Nelson
 
Register to hide this ad
Cool, thanks guys! That's the guy I bought the wrong ones from in May so I'll go with him again. Now that I think about it, I got the recommendation to go with Rick from a couple AK'ers before, maybe it was you guys then too! Thanks again guys!

Nelson
 
Back
Top Bottom