• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL L7's

Just got a pair of L7's from craigslist today!!! I have them hooked to the Mc2255 and these are some fantastic speakers. I didn't need anymore speakers but they were so cheap and close. I couldn't pass them up.
 
It's getting rediculous I have too many speakers. I always watch the local Craigslist for JBL,ads,Yamaha,and such just to see if any deals come up. Its too bad my room is a little small for these but any speaker that comes through plays under that handicap.
 
Congrats on the L7's.

If you ever want to find a nice adoptive home for them, just send me a PM.
 
I now have four large pairs of speakers and only one room. I think its gonna be time for some tough choices as its a shame to let all these speakers sit unused. I have AR1's,ads 1590's,Infinity RS6000's and now the L7's. I'm thinking that I wanna keep the ads and JBL's.
 
I now have four large pairs of speakers and only one room.
You get no sympathy from me!! ;)

In one upstairs bedroom that is under a roof gable and probably with no larger than a 9' x 11' floor area, I have two pairs of L7s, one pair of L5s, one pair of L80Ts, a pair of L96s, a pair of LX22s, and a nice pair of Sansuis I got for free off Freecycle.

For power up there I have two Crown PS-400s, a PS-200, and a Soundcraftsmen Pro-Power-Four run by a Soundcraftsmen DX4200 and a Pro-Control-Four with Pro-EQ-44. All in that one little room. I can really only run two-pair at a time, usually for A-B comparisons, because I don't like the SAE speaker switch I have and usually only listen to one pair at a time, anyway. One day I'll work out a better arrangement. My main system is downstairs so I have no real incentive to make the spare room any more organized! :)
 
I was offered a pair of JBL L7's in equal trade for a pair of Klipsch Heresy II's in mint condition. I turned the offer down. Years ago I almost purchased a pair of JBL100's. Prior to laying down my cash, the salesman A/B'd the JBL's with the Klipsch. The Klipsch blew the doors off the JBL's. I can't see how the L7's can compare to the Klipsch especially in the area of bass response and efficiency. Maybe it's just a matter of personal taste.
 
I was offered a pair of JBL L7's in equal trade for a pair of Klipsch Heresy II's in mint condition. I turned the offer down. Years ago I almost purchased a pair of JBL100's. Prior to laying down my cash, the salesman A/B'd the JBL's with the Klipsch. The Klipsch blew the doors off the JBL's. I can't see how the L7's can compare to the Klipsch especially in the area of bass response and efficiency. Maybe it's just a matter of personal taste.

L100's are a far cry from L7's. I think you made an uninformed decision. The real question is, did you listen to the L7?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
 
I was offered a pair of JBL L7's in equal trade for a pair of Klipsch Heresy II's in mint condition. I turned the offer down. Years ago I almost purchased a pair of JBL100's. Prior to laying down my cash, the salesman A/B'd the JBL's with the Klipsch. The Klipsch blew the doors off the JBL's. I can't see how the L7's can compare to the Klipsch especially in the area of bass response and efficiency. Maybe it's just a matter of personal taste.

Congratulations on dredging up a 3-year-old thread here! I see this is your second post on Audiokarma. You might want to spend some more time reading before you jump on any more old threads. You'd find that most JBL fans don't think that much of the L100 either.

There's been plenty of subsequent discussion on the L7 from those who've actually heard them. They are real sleepers. You don't indicate where you live so we can get you a listen to a pair. I'd bring a pair to you for an A-B session just like we did with the 4333/L300 comparison a few years back over at Lansing Heritage.

I stand by my statement that there is no other speaker available for near what the L7s bring on the used market that can begin to compare to them, if sound is your goal. But that's just my opinion . . .

So which M5 do you have?
 
Back
Top Bottom