gyrene
No Marconi:Gomer MacGyver
Having never actually burned out a speaker before I'm not 100% certain thats what I did here.
Its an 8" woofer and when I took it out of the cabinet it seemed like it was somewhat "stuck".What I mean by that is the cone seems to scrape somewhere and of course will not move freely.
Now I did a refoam job on these two speakers about three weeks prior to this symptom showing up but I think it got burned out while testing out an amp.So at least I have learned the lesson of not sacrificing a set of speakers to an amp that "may" have issues.
What do you think?
Burned out woofer?
What symptoms should I look at?
It shows no other signs other than the scraping feel and sound.
Think I burned it or think my refoam was poorly done.
The other speaker seems AO.K.
Its an 8" woofer and when I took it out of the cabinet it seemed like it was somewhat "stuck".What I mean by that is the cone seems to scrape somewhere and of course will not move freely.
Now I did a refoam job on these two speakers about three weeks prior to this symptom showing up but I think it got burned out while testing out an amp.So at least I have learned the lesson of not sacrificing a set of speakers to an amp that "may" have issues.
What do you think?
Burned out woofer?
What symptoms should I look at?
It shows no other signs other than the scraping feel and sound.
Think I burned it or think my refoam was poorly done.
The other speaker seems AO.K.