• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL Metregon Speaker- DET CL

Register to hide this ad
this is the same one mentioned a couple weeks back at an estate sale in Livonia. They did not get the price then, either.

They had it listed in furniture.
 
this is the same one mentioned a couple weeks back at an estate sale in Livonia. They did not get the price then, either.

They had it listed in furniture.

looks like the marantz's did not move either.. i am guessing they also have 3 or 4 turntables with no cartridges available as well.
they have been posting it like every other day since the sale in livonia
 
I have seen the Marantz gear listed before, but never the Metregon. I guess the seller is optimistic. Thanks for the link perchdog, I learned something new.
 
its nice to see the seller finally did a little homework, after all the things been for sale nearly a month.

and, you are welcome tshea
 
I looked at this today..... :tears: Some serious water damage:tears:.... The veneer is all delaminated and splitting. The rear panel does not look original, huge gaps around the edge with about 50 million pilot holes around the perimeter with only like 6 screws being used. Oh and it looks like they used liquid nails to seal the gaps around the rear panels and tone control.:no::tears:

The lady got kinda offended when I asked if she knew how the water damage happened. " There is no water damage" she says, " well then why is all the wood separating?" says I. " could have been in a damp basement or something, but I assure you there is no water damage" says she. ... It has little rubber feet on the back side of the unit, near the 4 corners. I am guessing, from her answer, that it was stored on its back in a basement that took on water, hence the hacked up rear panels.

I am going to be passing by the store tomorrow, think I might stop by and have a peek inside to see what kind of shape the components are in. Maybe I will snap a few pics. Anyone have any advice on things to look for? Aside from 15" woofers that say "Realistic" on the magnets :D. I believe the LE15 woofers had the blue basket...... :scratch2:
 
Hi Mike:

I looked at those too at the Livonia sale about a week or two before the Fest.

It seems to me that the woofer on the left might be an LE15 as I'd swear I saw some Lansalloy, which the D130 woofers didn't have. BTW, there was some story at the sale that the speaker was built to JBL specs by some NASA guys???? :dunno: But they were also sticking to their Paragon guns then too.
 
Hey Andy, you aren't the only one who saw the Lansalloy, I peeked through the grill as well. Is that mesh grill supposed to be metal and loose like that? Were you able to get a good look at the back when you went to the estate sale? I have never seen one before, but I know JBL would not put something like this on the back. They offered to move stuff out of the way so I could look could get to the back, this was after I told her I couldn't make an offer without seeing what was inside the unit.

I was given a piece of paper saying that it is a Metregon and has LX5 x-over, LE85 horns and the LE15 speakers..... I forgot she gave it to me, just ran out to the car to grab it, lol.
 
Naw, they had it jammed up against the wall with some stuff on it in the main room. I knew it wasn't a Paragon or worth $4995 they were asking so I didn't bother asking to move it.
 
I do not recall seeing any water damage at the estate sale but as Andyman said it was against a wall with stuff on top.
The Nasa thing, as far as I can figure it referrs to a firm (company). There was a sign on the wall which read custom built or engineered by Nasa Engineering. I posted on heritage website but no one responded.
 
Back
Top Bottom