• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL Northridge E30 Value ?

SoundOfSound

Super Member
What do you think would be a fair price for a very minty pair of JBL Northridge E30 speakers. These guys look like they just came out of the box.

I know they are not a TOTL JBL by any means but reading some reviews people seem to like them for little speakers.

It might be fun to check them out for a little while and then move them along as long as I don't come out behind when all is done.

pics from web

90050094.jpg


They have dual binding post on the back. They are also pretty heavy little guys and seem to be well made.
jbl_northridge_e30_2___way_6___inch_bookshelf_speakers__pair_black_ash_2_lgw.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Decent speakers. I prefer their slightly larger 3-way brethren, the S38. If I could get those for $100-150 in "mint" condition, I might bite. Currently I have the bigger old dogs--4312C control monitors and L100's.
 
I don't know about the 30's, but I have a set of 20's in my office that I listen to daily.
They have a good midrange and a nice realistic high end (no sizzles).
I only paid 6 bucks for them, from GW. One of the woofers needed some attention. It had a slight voice coil rub which I believe was from the factory judging by the condition of the driver.
The adhesive on the surround was like a sticker and easy to peel up. I gave it the 30hz center trick and glued it down. Now they sound pretty nice.
 
I snagged them Thursday but I have not had a chance to hook them up yet. I think I can break even on them. Considering I won't have to spend any money on a refoam or any reconditioning that makes it easy.

I had an idea about bi-amping them that I'm going to try out Saturday. If it works out I will put up a how to in another post.
 
Back
Top Bottom