• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL Speaker identification.

thedan

New Member
I just picked these monsters up at auction but am unable to find any comparable models online. I know the value of the individual comonents but not of the speakers as a whole. The components are all JBL Professional Series. The parts are: JBL 2405H Slot Super Tweeter s
JBL 3105 Crossovers
JBL 2312 Horns
JBL 2421B Drivers
JBL 2235H Speakers
JBL 3110 Crossovers

Here are a few pictures http://imgur.com/a/MaS4y
 
Register to hide this ad
That is correct, I am missing the lenses. They do look like EN5 enclosures. The bottom of the base is a bit different but otherwise they are a dead ringer. I think you are right in that they are probably a custom system. Looks like the original owner put quite a bit of money into these. Any thoughts on the current value. I got a tremendous deal on them but am still curious.
 
Looks like that woofer needs a re-foam. You should consider lying the speaker on it back side until it is fixed. Looks like the spider could be getting deformed from the weight of the unsupported speaker cone. :scratch2:
 
They are basically the equivalent of a 4333 system (the Pro version of the L300) in a taller, cabinet.
You have the long exponential horns - not the short ones, so the 2421A mid-drivers can crossover a bit lower with those.
Should be a nice sounding pair of speakers! Get some surrounds from Rick Cobb and redo your woofers and they'll be a really great system to keep!

I just picked these monsters up at auction but am unable to find any comparable models online. I know the value of the individual components but not of the speakers as a whole. The components are all JBL Professional Series. The parts are:
JBL 2405H Slot Super Tweeters
JBL 3105 Crossovers
JBL 3110 Crossovers
JBL 2312 Horns
JBL 2421B Drivers
JBL 2235H Speakers


Here are a few pictures http://imgur.com/a/MaS4y
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom