• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL speaker recommendation

rlovison

Well-Known Member
I'm looking for an inexpensive pair of speakers to experiment with as rear speakers in a surround setup using my SACD player. My stereo front pair are JBL L100s. I'm looking at a pair of JBL 2800s. Does anyone have an opinion on the 2800's, positive or negative, or a recommendation on a different set in the $100-$150 range? Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
JBL 2800 is pretty decent but I suggest getting L26 or L36 to go with L100's.

L-26's were my first JBL speakers back in the 70's. I still remember carrying those things home for 8 city blocks with a friend. I ended up trading them for the L100 Centuries I have today.
 
A couple of days ago I located a "like new" set of JBL P20's on CL for $50 and bought them. I connected the R&L rear channel outputs of my SACD player to a Pioneer A-77x to power the J-20's and was pleasantly surprised. Along with my L100's, I have a nice little surround system to experiment with. :)
 
Back
Top Bottom