• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JE Labs Open Baffles for 12 inchers

yup - that is one I was looking at . . the other is the JE Labs 45 / 2A3 . . .
Markus, let me know if you want to go this route - I'll send you a spreadsheet of the parts I sourced for mine, and their associated costs.
 
Markus, let me know if you want to go this route - I'll send you a spreadsheet of the parts I sourced for mine, and their associated costs.

thanks redboy - I've been checking into your thread occasionally. . . I have lots of the power supply parts (power transformers, chokes), and tubes (rectifiers, 45's, one set of valve art 2a3's . . .) , my main cash outlay would be output iron, and all the little bits - caps, resistors, etc . .
 
Markus, did you change the size of the baffle from the original plans?

I noticed that the cutout is for an 8" driver.


Uh, nevermind. Read the whole post and now understand.
 
Last edited:
I kept the overall dimensions exactly the same as in the plan, I just made the opening for a 12 . . . basically just made the center of the circle at the same point ( 13 inches up , dead center ). some of the links off the JE Labs OB webpage have guys using even 15 inch drivers - I plan on enlarging my openings to accomodate 15 inch drivers too - I wasn't happy with my circular cut - a little off . . I need to redo with a circle jig :yes:

HA ! just noticed your last comment . . . too bad - I already typed all this :D
 
Back
Top Bottom