• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Jelco SA-750DB with Denon DL-110

dneu201

Well-Known Member
I just bought this Jelco tonearm to replace the stock one on my Technics 1200mk2, which currently has a Denon DL-110 cartridge. I have seen numerous recommendations online for this Jelco tonearm to be paired with the DL-103 because of the compliance/weight, but I didn't want to have to purchase a new cartridge if I didn't have to. Has anyone had success getting a lighter headshell to make the Denon DL-110 to work on the Jelco SA-750DB or should I just try and purchase the 103?

Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
I just bought this Jelco tonearm to replace the stock one on my Technics 1200mk2, which currently has a Denon DL-110 cartridge.

Thanks.

Try using the Denon DL-110 with the Technics headshell on the Jelco SA-750DB tone arm.

It should work well.

You can always change the headshell at a later date should you want to fine tune the sound. :music:

Denon DL-110
http://www.denon.jp/jp/product/accessories/cartridges/dl110
  • Output voltage /1.6mV
  • Play frequency / 20Hz ~ 45kHz
  • Impedance / 160Ω
  • Needlepoint /0.1×0.2mm angle solid diamond special ellipse needle
  • Needle pressure /1.8±0.3g
  • Compliance / 8 × 10-6cm / dyne
  • Own weight /4.8g
 
Thanks Balifly, for the feedback. I just threw on the denon cartridge and technics headshell, but the combination isn't heavy enough. I couldn't get the tonearm to balance as the weight was too much. Any idea what the issue could be? I'm guessing the headshell isn't heavy enough.
 
Thanks Balifly, for the feedback. I just threw on the denon cartridge and technics headshell, but the combination isn't heavy enough. I couldn't get the tonearm to balance as the weight was too much. Any idea what the issue could be? I'm guessing the headshell isn't heavy enough.

According to Jelco the SA-750DB tone arm should be able to handle cartridges weighting 4 - 12gr. :idea:
http://www.jelco-ichikawa.co.jp/products/tonearm.html
 
The Jelco 750 works fine with the DL110 - no worries.
Honestly, the DL-110 is a very good cart - I have both cartridges and prefer the 110 to the 103 (though it has its uses...), I do reckon that the 750 can do with a much better cartridge than both those Denons - In your shoes, I'll be enjoying the 110, saving my money, and looking well up the scale for the DL110 replacement - sometime in the future.
 
I just began listening to a DL-110 on my Jelco SA-750D, and it sounds quite nice so far. I have it mounted on a stock Jelco HS-25 headshell (12g) with the counterweight flipped around to give me more room to balance the tonearm.
 
Thanks everyone. Once my 5 pin rca wires come in I will remove the Denon dl-110 from my technics tonearm and throw it on the Jelco headshell. I will also try flipping the weight like dbxdx5 mentioned to see if that helps balance the tonearm.
 
Back
Top Bottom