• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Jensen OPC 24 and OPC 25 Speakers

Since the covers are fragile, it won't be a huge deal to lose the coloured foam surrounds and ring. Unless I don't have to!

Have any sources or DIY tricks popped up lately for blue red and yellow surrounds, and a little red foam ring?
 
The foam around the tweeter is functional, not cosmetic. You can replace with felt weather stripping. I posted about above on AK.
Nice find.
 
@cgutz, I didn't write that very clearly! I will definitely replace all foam surrounds and the little foam ring around the tweeter.

I was just wondering if anyone had come up with sources for coloured surrounds or open celled foam rings.

Thanks!

Once gone over they will satisfy my need for a big pair of speakers.
 
I finally tried out the 24s. I have done absolutely nothing to them except wipe down the exterior. They both measured 6.6 ohms across the terminals, so I decided to cross my fingers and give them a gentle go in my new listening closet. The Sansuis in there just didn't have any bass, so I looked at the Jensens and said to self, "These have to have some bass."

Well, they sure did. But the surprising part is that even on the floor, they have a great vertical soundstage. Very unexpected.
 
I finally tried out the 24s. I have done absolutely nothing to them except wipe down the exterior. They both measured 6.6 ohms across the terminals, so I decided to cross my fingers and give them a gentle go in my new listening closet. The Sansuis in there just didn't have any bass, so I looked at the Jensens and said to self, "These have to have some bass."

Well, they sure did. But the surprising part is that even on the floor, they have a great vertical soundstage. Very unexpected.
The speakers do have a good sound; the bass is outstanding! These are still my favorite listening speakers, still stacked lol. Im hoping to get my hands on more too as I feel the entire line sounds good. Agree with you about the Sansui speakers, I've found one pair I like.
 
Saw your video on Youtube. Mine 24s are restored now and sound great. Do you know what the sensitivity db rating are?
Haha yes that is my video on the Jensens lol. Way to go with the restore. Are you still using the speakers? These particular speakers work best with a minimum of ten watts (75 Maximum) per speaker. I am unsure of the db rating, but its frequency is 25-25,000hz
 
October 1976 Stereo Review article on OPC24 is attached.
 

Attachments

  • Jensen review 1 Stereo Review October 1976.JPG
    Jensen review 1 Stereo Review October 1976.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Jensen review 2 Stereo Review October 1976.JPG
    Jensen review 2 Stereo Review October 1976.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 9
I have the 25's that I bought used in 1986 and still have them. I have the rare blue surround version but the foam is long gone as are the super cool grills that crumbled so I had "The Speaker Exchange" in Tampa refoam and build a custom grill. I will never part with this speakers until death. I guess you could say I am married to them :P
 
Back
Top Bottom