• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Jensen speaker find - help identifying

notime2read

Active Member
When my jazz loving dad passed away 2 years ago I inherited his prized Fisher tube system and Jensen speakers. I finally made my way to NJ this week to load up my pickup with all the pieces including the vintage Jensen speakers. I'll be posting some photos of the Fisher later today in the Fisher forum.

The speakers and components were obtained from a theater what closed from what he told me. My dad was lucky to be offered it for free! I connected the pair to a Kenwood KA-6006 yesterday and the sound was staggering (to these ears anyway!). One cabinet seems to be from Jensen, the other just Jensen components? What do you all think? Any help identifying the origin, year of manufacture, or estimated worth? Am I more excited than I should be? :banana:

From the label on the crossover these appear to be 16 ohms. Do I have that correct?




Thanks!

Jerry
 

Attachments

  • jIMG_6734.jpg
    jIMG_6734.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 82
  • jIMG_6731.jpg
    jIMG_6731.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 87
  • jIMG_6728.jpg
    jIMG_6728.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 109
  • jIMG_6727.jpg
    jIMG_6727.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 80
  • jIMG_6723.jpg
    jIMG_6723.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 111
Register to hide this ad
I heard a large pair of Jensen speakers recently and they are high SPL and smooth performers. If you have the space are worth keeping.
They are much more open sounding than smaller acoustic suspension types.
Is there a model # on the woofers? That would be a big clue to what you have.
 
Ooh, yikes, are those G600's? If so you have a gold mine there. Although if they were my dad's, I would not part with them. In fact, I inherited a later version (Sigma SG-300) from my dad and they will have to pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Check the lit carefully to ID them!
 
I heard a large pair of Jensen speakers recently and they are high SPL and smooth performers. If you have the space are worth keeping.
They are much more open sounding than smaller acoustic suspension types.
Is there a model # on the woofers? That would be a big clue to what you have.

No model numbers on the cabinets, but you can see numbers on the speakers themselves. I'll have to check the catalogs and see if I can find a match.
 
mhardy's hifilit link is a great place to start - see the 1956 pages...

You'll want to *carefully* (cause they're heavy) unmount so you can get a look at the tweeter style, that will help you ID them.
 
Ooh, yikes, are those G600's? If so you have a gold mine there. Although if they were my dad's, I would not part with them. In fact, I inherited a later version (Sigma SG-300) from my dad and they will have to pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Check the lit carefully to ID them!

Thanks! I just checked, the one speaker is stamped "G600".
 
I think it is the G610 that are gold mines. DOn't know about the G600. I have a coupld of them laying about somewhere.

Those should be very good sounding drivers.
 
Back
Top Bottom