• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Jensen TR-10U Speakers

Seeeker812

New Member
I bought these from the local Salvation Army today. I gave fifteen dollars. I really don't know anything about vintage speakers (or modern speakers come to think of it). The guy working there said they work but I haven't had the chance to hook them up. Can anyone tell me if these are decent speaker, are they worth anything?
 
Register to hide this ad
Internet Reference

I found one Japanese web site this referenced these speakers in the there Tube section. It had a price but I'm clueless.
 
Seeker

I can't really help you much with info on these speaks but looky at those LEGS! :yes:

What a great idea in place of stands!
Of course, I don't know if it makes any difference soundwise, just having the corners supported and not the whole speaker?
I wonder if these were added on or if they originally came that way?
 
Label Close Up

After reading the label its apparent that these speakers were sold seperately as a mono-speaker. Hopefully you can read this label.
 
From Orion for TR 10 not TR 10U.

JENSEN
SPK, TR 10 (PAIR)


Manufacture Years: 1960 - 1978


Retail
MSRP: $240.00
USED: $65.00

Wholesale
Mint: $38.00
Average: $22.00
 
Hooked them up

They sounded fine. I don't know what a speaker of this age is suppose to sound like though. The speakers themselves look like they are in great condition.
 
Those are dead ringers for some knight 2000a speakers I had a while back. The only speaker I remember in there was the rp106 tweeter. They sounded great but were a casualty of 36 pairs of speakers is just too damned many itus. I had them hooked up to a sansui au 70 integrated and sounded very good. This is not saying much coming from me but I think they are keepers. Enjoy.
 
Back
Top Bottom