• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Jimmy Neutron and my absence/hurricane Katrina

Thanks again guys. My bro-in-laws parents moved out early to their sisters house in Virginia (actually not early, but just before Katrina hit). There was just confusion, missed calls, and a lack of communication. We heard from them about a week after the storm hit. They made it out with just the clothes on their backs. Insurance will pay for some, though nowhere near what is needed for a family to start a new life. No job to go back to and none to look forward to, no home to go back to and not enough money to build a new one. No possessions saved and not enough money to gain anything again. In a word they are screwed. But everyone is thankful for the positive - they are alive and safe. All of my family and many freinds have been contributing to the "Ponce" fund (my nickname for their donation fund - Ponce is their last name). It will take a long time for them to recover, and we all see the hardship in their faces. They've been thru a lot, but they'll be fine.

On a lighter note, MattyBumpkin tracked down the Realistic STA-110 reciever that I've been searching for for years. I just won the auction on ebay tonight for a measely $12.50 - a nice little steal. But even at $12.50 this will be a financial thorn in my side as I'm pretty tapped out and what was left of my savings for my wife's delivery has now gone to the Ponce fund. Right now every cent is like gold to me. I'm convinced that I will be able to scrape up the little bit needed for the transaction and the shipping to pay for this, even though I feel very irresponsible for buying it at this time. Oh well, this is life.

Thanks a bunch guys!!!
 
Jimmy, I'm so sorry to hear about your family's troubles. I missed this thread too, somehow. For what it's worth, my thoughts and prayers for success, strength, health and safety go out to them as well as you and yours. God's ears must surely be burning lately...

I had been looking around for an STA-110 as I'd said I would but I came up dry; I do apologize, but at least Mattybumpkin found one. Timing is all, I know.

Tom
 
Back
Top Bottom